Club History

In The Beginning – 1927

North Shore Football Club was formed after a meeting in the North Shore Presbyterian Church hall in January 1927. The meeting was instigated by William G. Evans whose family has been connected with the club throughout its history. Local progress association activist. Mr D. Mcruer was the inaugural president.

It was an excellent time to start as house lots on Connors Estate North Shore were subdivided and sold for 2 pound 10. A team was entered in the Geelong Athletic Societies Football League and the ground was an open paddock in Walch’s Road (formerly known as Sparks Road) in North Shore. A nearby barn owned by G.F Evans was used as changing sheds. The inaugural side that took the field in the Blue and Gold on April 30, 1927 was:

B: J.Smith, Kelly, Norton
HB: R.Cahir, Abbott, Richards
C: J.Green, Holcombe, C.Green
HF: E.Evans, K.Dearnley (c), Millard
F: R.Green, Kemp, Looker
R: P.Wildman, G.Evans
R: W.Evans (vc)

More History – Read our Seagull Soars Magazine, by Stuart Hildebrand 

Available online soon!